About Goldfish Swim School
Created for Parents by Parents
Goldfish Swim School is proud to provide state-of-the-art aquatic swimming facilities that are dedicated to indoor swim classes and programs for children, ages 4 months and up. From Jump Start Clinics to our competitive team known as Swim Force, we’re committed to helping your child develop important life skills so he or she can make waves in life.
Parents and kids across North America prefer Goldfish Swim School because we offer:
- A unique curriculum that’s convenient and can work with your busy schedule
- A wide variety of available program options, including infant and toddler swim lessons
- Shiver-free pools that are a pleasant 90° all year long
- An emotionally and intellectually stimulating environment
- Air-conditioned viewing galleries equipped with free Wi-Fi
- Convenient access to snacks and swim gear
- Safety and supervision at all times
Our Philosophy: Learn by Having Fun
At Goldfish Swim School, we have created an inviting and safe environment where kids can overcome their fears, learn to swim, and have tons of fun doing it.
We call our approach
The Science of SwimPlay®. It is a combination of guided play and a safe environment, which science
shows are two things that help little ones build upon their cognitive growth.
Practically, this means that swimmers experience:
- Constant Encouragement
- Awards for Achievements & Milestones
- A Warm Pool and Tropical Themed Space
- Fun Curriculum Full of Games
- A Relaxed & Fun Atmosphere
- A Safe Environment At All Times
Read More About the Goldfish Swim School Philosophy
How We Ensure a Safe Environment for Swimming
We understand that, as a parent, your child’s safety is of utmost importance. At Goldfish Swim School, we believe that your swimmers deserve to be in the best hands at all times, which is why our instructors undergo an extensive hiring process and comprehensive training period.
- All lifeguards receive training in the International Lifeguard Training Program™. (Developed by the leaders in aquatic safety at Jeff Ellis and Associates).
- Our lifeguards all receive regular, ongoing training to keep them at the top of their game from a certified lifeguard instructor.
- Highly-trained lifeguards are on deck whenever the pool is actively in use.
Furthermore, we always keep our classes small and ensure a max student-to-teacher ratio of 4:1. This ensures the best environment for learning as well.
The Owners & Their Story
The story begins in the early 2000s, when Co-Founder Jenny McCuiston was a swim instructor who saw that there was an enormous need for more high-quality swimming instruction. Jenny and her husband Chris spent the next few years traveling the country to learn about the industry and how to improve the swim instruction model. After careful planning and more research, they opened their first Goldfish Swim School (in 2006). The rest is history.
Co-Founder Jenny McCuiston
Co-Founder Chris McCuiston
As one of the fastest growing private companies in America, according to Inc., we’re proud of the impact that our aquatic swimming lessons are making on kids and families across the country.