Goldfish Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim facility dedicated entirely to infants and children, ages four months to 12 years. What does our cutting-edge swim school model have that makes it the leader in the industry?
You feel it the moment you walk in. Something different. It’s more than the vibrant colors and tropical environment. More than a curriculum crafted to teach kids how to swim and build their self-confidence. More than a shiver-free pool heated to 90 degrees. There’s something more. Something unexpected. Something that propels Goldfish Swim School beyond typical.
It’s a company with a special passion for changing – even saving – lives by teaching children to swim.
The Goldfish Swim School Franchise is positioned as the leader in the thriving and profitable children’s education and enrichment market, consistently recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in franchising.
- Over 80 schools open or in development in more than 26 states and internationally
- On pace to have over 100 locations open and operating in the next five years
- Unparalleled experience and support in the franchise and learn-to-swim industries
- Strong market recognition and national brand fund to support continued growth
- Consistently recognized by Ernst & Young, Inc., Entrepreneur, Franchise Business Review and more!
As a life-long swimmer, 17-time Collegiate All-American and two-time Olympic Trials qualifier with a degree in early childhood development & family studies, Jenny McCuiston realized the need for quality swim lessons focused solely on children in a family-friendly environment. Together with her husband, Chris, Jenny traveled the country to research the learn-to-swim industry and began the two-year development of their business plan.
In early 2005, Jenny and Chris brought to life the Goldfish Swim School concept by conceptualizing the tropically-themed facility and developing the systems and processes that make the Goldfish Swim School model the premier learn-to-swim franchise. In March of 2006, Chris and Jenny opened the first Goldfish Swim School in Birmingham with more than 500 students. Within two years, the business had grown to teach more than 2,000 students per week. Today, Goldfish teaches over 100,000 students system wide!
Our site selection team will work with you to find the very best location for your Goldfish Swim School franchise. Our services include:
- Demographic data and a market analysis for your approved market
- Access to our network of real estate professionals to assist in your site selection
- Facility test fits ensuring an optimal floor plan for your Goldfish franchise location
- A tour of your market to review each location that meets our site selection criteria (following the execution of a Franchise Agreement
Our design and construction team will work hand-in-hand with you during the development of your Goldfish location. Our services include:
- An approved list of architects and construction companies to design and build your swim school
- Design and construction manuals containing policies, procedures and best practices
- A list of approved suppliers and vendors for construction-related materials, fixtures and equipment
- On-site visits from our construction team during the development of your swim school
At Goldfish Swim School, our franchise team is dedicated to providing training and support to you every step of the way. Starting the moment you sign your franchise agreement, our team will guide you through the school opening process. Our services include:
- A comprehensive four-week Goldfish University training program designed for owners and general managers, including classroom and on-the-job experience
- Complete swim school management training and support
- Review and training of our operations manual and proprietary swim lesson curriculum
- Local, regional and national marketing support
- Training on our point-of-sale and member management software
- Pre-opening support and training at your Goldfish location
- Ongoing site visits designed provide you with the support you need to run your Goldfish Franchise
We understand that our franchisees are the greatest ambassadors of the Goldfish brand. Our people are the rocks of our business and must believe in and uphold our Core Values. The ideal Goldfish Swim School franchisees all share these common traits:
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively & motivate employees
- Passion for teaching children how to swim and be safer around the water
- Honesty, compassion and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- High standards of excellence
- Self-motivated drive to succeed
TYPE OF EXPENDITUREAMOUNT
Furniture, Fixtures, Equipment, Computers and Decor$100,000$110,000
Grand Opening Marketing$15,000$50,000
Licenses, Permits and Deposits$4,500$54,697
Legal and Accounting$8,500$35,000
Water Tap Fees$0$93,000
Additional Funds (3 Months)$75,000$175,000
Please see Goldfish Swim School Franchising, LLC Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) for more detailed information.
Goldfish Swim SchoolHaving both grown up around the water, we know how important water safety skills are and are so thrilled to be able to help instill life skills in the kids we teach. Goldfish was a phenomenal resource for us to bring to our community. We are so happy to have a place here for all families while building a business and life for our own.
Goldfish Swim SchoolI loved the idea of running and owning my own business in the community that I live in. It allowed for us to take a chance, forced us to work harder than we probably ever have and to build something in our community that is special – and that’s just something that money can’t buy.