Every four years, something magical happens!
Athletes across the globe come together to compete in the world’s largest sporting event, and families gather around the TV to cheer them on as records are broken, champions are born and history is made. But perhaps what makes this special occasion truly magical is seeing the spark in children’s eyes as they watch in awe and begin to wonder what their future could be like. That’s how our friend Ryan Murphy’s dream of becoming a World Champion Swimmer and Olympic athlete came to be!
So, to celebrate the spirit of the largest sporting event in the world - where hard work leads to dreams coming true - we’re encouraging kids everywhere to dream BIG and go after their goals. Read on to learn how your family can get in on the fun, and what you can do to help encourage your little fish to believe in, and achieve, their dreams!
Little fish have BIG dreams, too - and we want to help them come true!
Nothing is impossible when you’re 8!
Your little fish are swimming in a pool of wonder and possibility, and whether their dream is to become an inventor, the next class president, or a professional athlete like our swim buddy Ryan Murphy, we want them to know they can accomplish anything they set their mind to. They are our next generation of doctors, scientists, changemakers, leaders and champions after all, and it’s our job to give them the confidence to take that first step, work hard and make big waves in life!
Here’s how your little fish can dream big and win!
- Have your kiddo draw a picture of their BIG dream - we even have a special dream cloud they can decorate if they'd like! Click here for a printable version they can decorate at home, or stop by your local Goldfish Swim School to pick one up.
- Snap a picture, or take a video, of them showing off their BIG dream and share it on your social feed using #DreamBigLittleFish by August 31, 2021.
- With the help of some special friends, we’ll be announcing winners on social media each week! The first winner will be announced on July 21, and the grand prize winner will be announced on September 8.
- Weekly prizes will include cameo videos with words of encouragement from our special guests, Goldfish swag packs and custom gifts to help kids follow their dreams.
- The grand prize winner will receive six months of free swim lessons to help them continue to learn life lessons soaked in fun, a cameo video and signed memorabilia from World Champion Swimmer Ryan Murphy, who is competing in Tokyo this summer, and $500 to celebrate the child’s BIG dream.
- Each winning family will be contacted directly via social media to coordinate prize details and set kids on the path to achieving their dreams.
Official sweepstakes rules and regulations here
You have big dreams for your little fish, and so do we!
As a mom and a pediatrician, our good friend Dr. Molly knows firsthand the important role parents play in helping children believe in and achieve their dreams.
“I always recommend bringing enthusiasm to the table when kids are talking about their dreams, which is why I’m so excited about this campaign,” she says. “It’s a fun way to engage your kids in goal setting, inspiring and motivating them to dream big.”
So, to all our Goldfish parents: keep raising dreamers, believers and achievers. And, to children everywhere, we say: Dream Big, Little Fish—the possibilities are endless!
At Goldfish, we believe in making a BIG deal about ALL of life’s accomplishments, so kids keep feeling confident, motivated and inspired. Using the Science of SwimPlay®, we help kids gain the courage to dive into new experiences and develop confidence in their abilities, all while learning how to be safer in and around the water. And, if your little fish dreams of becoming a champion like Ryan Murphy, our Swim Force team is a great way to help them dip a toe into competitive swimming. Stop by your local Goldfish Swim School today to learn more and see what the Golden Experience is all about!