At Goldfish Swim School, you're like family to us and we want to say thank you to those of you who choose Goldfish Swim School as your home for swim lesson instruction. In these unprecedented times, we are working hard to keep our members, guests and team safe and healthy, and to that end, we have made the decision to close our facilities and cancel swim lessons temporarily to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
When the timing is right, we will be thrilled to dive right back in where we left off! Our commitment to your safety will not waiver, so we wanted to share information about the steps we will continue to take upon reopening, to help prevent the spread of all illness and disease.
What Our Swim Families Need to Know
Additional Cleaning and Sanitation
While we pride ourselves on cleanliness and safety at our schools, we will continue to enforce additional safety precautions and measures. This includes:
- More frequent cleanings of each Goldfish Swim School location and the equipment we use
- Additional sanitation stations available throughout our facility
- Frequent after-hours deep cleaning sanitations to help provide a healthy environment for you and your family
The Virus is Not Transmitted Through Pools
The CDC has indicated that there is no evidence the virus can be transmitted in a properly maintained pool. We always use chlorine in all our pools as a disinfectant to provide the safest swimming environment for your family.
Unlimited Makeup Lessons
If you or your child are not feeling well – or if you have traveled to a known area affected by any virus – it's a good idea to skip your swimming lesson. But, don't worry: We allow makeup lessons, so you won't miss out on your classes. Just call and let us know you won't be at your lesson, and we'll credit your account so you can schedule your makeup when you're up to it.
We're Always Monitoring!
Because we care about the health and safety of you and your family, we're constantly monitoring recommendations and developments from the appropriate health agencies – which means we're ready to reevaluate our processes and actions accordingly to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, as well as any other health concerns.
What You Can Do to Help!
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitize
- Keep your children away from others who are sick
- Please keep your children home if they are ill
- Teach children to cough and sneeze into their arm or elbow, not their hands
- Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home regularly
- Avoid travel to destinations where the outbreak is prevalent or know
- We encourage everyone to stay up to date on health information by visiting the CDC.gov website
- If you or your child are not feeling well, it's recommended you contact your doctor.
- If you've traveled somewhere that has been affected by any disease or outbreak, you should follow CDC guidelines. You may have to stay home for a certain amount of time to help prevent the spread of a virus. During this time, please take care of yourself – and remember to let us know you won't be attending your swimming lesson (you don't have to worry…we allow for makeups!).
Our Commitment to You
Goldfish Swim School is committed to taking extra precautions to assure the health and safety of our families, guests and team members.
Each Goldfish Swim School will also continue to follow the guidelines put in place by their local health authorities. This may include limiting special events and Family Swims upon reopening.
Please watch for email communications from your local Goldfish Swim School for updates on plans to reopen, and the precautionary measures they continue to take to keep you safe.
If you have further immediate questions, please don't hesitate to contact your local Goldfish Swim School location.
We are committed to the health and safety of you, your family and our team members, always.