Goldfish Yorktown Heights
Safer. Stronger. Together.TM
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together!
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
Safer Guests and Members
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We require all members(including children over age 2) to wear face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area. Disposable masks will be available in our facility for $1, and all proceeds will be donated to our Float it Forward campaign in partnership with the USA Swimming Foundation.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: We ask that only one caregiver per child be allowed into the facility. We encourage families to leave non-swimming siblings at home to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers are encouraged to come dressed for lessons when possible. A limited number of sanitized changing huts are available for use before swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our front door to greet customers, check them in, and let them know their child's lane assignment. Members may also check in via the Goldfish App.
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: While we encourage families to exit our facility as quickly as possible, showers and a limited number of sanitized changing huts will be available for use after lessons.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: I f you, your child, or any member of your family is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, has recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or have traveled to a high-risk state, please take a makeup lesson until you are well or have been cleared to be in public. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here. A list of New York State travel restricted areas can be found here.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken via touchless infrared thermometer, and will be asked to complete a self-assessment. If the staff member has a fever or self-reports signs of illness, they will be asked to return home and must be cleared by a doctor to return to work.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear face shields for instructors.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Staff will also be required to enter our facility ready for work. Procedures will be implemented to ensure the proper physical distance between staff members throughout their shifts.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each instructor will be assigned to a lane with his/her own equipment, which will be swapped out and cleaned after each lesson by a dedicated cleaner.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus. In addition to revised water rescue and CPR skills to ensure the safety of a guest in distress.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation throughout the week, we will have a dedicated cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility as well as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for use. Our facility will be sanitized every day with an electrostatic sprayer.
- POOL MAINTENANCE: We use a "state of the art" chlorination system and we test our pool water every two hours. In addition, we utilize an Ultra Violet sanitizer. We regularly wash our pool deck and equipment with a highly concentrated eco-friendly disinfectant.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of sanitized chairs will be available in our viewing area with markers to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- HAND WASHING: We encourage members and staff to frequently wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals and signs throughout the facility will share clear and helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily suspending some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs including books, toys, prizes, hairdryers and loaner goggles. We will also prohibit the use of drinking fountains - so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water!
- LOST AND FOUND: Please try your best to keep track of all your belongings, as the state has suggested that we eliminate our Lost and Found bins.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC systems have been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Our new, easy-to-use mobile app will enable parents to manage their accounts and schedules. We are working to track skill progression virtually as well.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING: We have widened our lane lines and use alternate ends of the pool to provide for the adequate distance between swimmers.
SMALL CLASS SIZES: 4:1 student to teacher ratio for group lessons including Mini 1 & Mini 2 classes.
ADJUSTED TRAFFIC FLOW: Parents or guardians will drop children off at dry-side door once they are called for lessons. After lessons, parents or guardians will be permitted onto the pool deck to pick up their children and are encouraged to exit from our rear emergency pool deck door. A staff member will help guide the flow.
ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact.