Goldfish Swim School - Wyckoff
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
Safer Guests & Members
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility. We encourage families to leave non-swimming siblings at home to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- FOOT COVERINGS: Shoes or flip flops are now required within restrooms, shower area and changing huts.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our front door to greet customers, check them in, and let them know their children’s lane assignments. Members may also check in via the Goldfish App.
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Parents and children over the age of 2 are required to wear a face covering to comply with the current Executive Order.
- HEALTH CHECKS: Members are being asked to remain home if they are ill or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Showers will be available on the pool deck for limited use. While we encourage families to exit our facility as quickly as possible, a limited number of sanitized changing huts will be available.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken via touchless infrared thermometer and will be asked to complete a self-assessment.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the Front Desk. Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable. All instructors will be wearing Face Shields during lessons.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Staff will also be required to enter our facility ready for work.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each instructor will be assigned to a lane with his/her own equipment, which will be swapped out and cleaned after each lesson.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation throughout the week, we will have a dedicated cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of chairs will be available in our viewing area with markers to accommodate social distancing guidelines. They will be disinfected after each use.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals and signs throughout the facility will share clear and helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: High touch points throughout the building will be minimized including; books, toys, the coloring station, prizes, hair dryers, swimsuit dryers, and loaner goggles.
- LOST AND FOUND: Please try your best to keep track of all your belongings, as the Lost and Found will be eliminated temporarily.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC systems have been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Our new, easy-to-use mobile app will enable parents to manage their accounts and schedules. We will soon be tracking skill progression and progress reports virtually.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: We have temporally doubled our lane width to provide more space for social distancing in our pools.
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES: We have temporarily reduced the number of students and classes to allow for social distancing in our Mini 1 – Pro 2, as well as in the Swim Force classes.
- ADJUSTED TRAFFIC FLOW: Parents or guardians will drop children off at dry-side door once they are called for lessons. After lessons, parents or guardians will be permitted onto the pool deck to pick up their children.
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact
- SUSPEND END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: To limit congestion on pool deck, we are temporarily suspending in-person teacher talks after lessons.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each swimmer will be assigned their own swim equipment, which will be swapped out and cleaned after each lesson.
- SWIM FORCE MEETS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES, AND FAMILY SWIM: Are temporarily suspended during our Phase 1 reopening.