Goldfish Swim School – Wicker Park
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.™
Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility upon reopening. Keep in mind that like many businesses, we will be taking a phased approach to reopening. These changes outlined below will not be permanent.
Safer Guests & Members
- MEMBER SELF ASSESSMENT:Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility. We encourage families to leave non-swimming siblings at home to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our pool entrance to greet customers, check them in, and let them know their children’s lane assignments.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We are requiring all members to wear face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area. Disposable masks will be available in our facility for any member who does not have one however we do encourage that you bring your own mask.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Showers will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities. While we encourage families to exit our facility as efficiently as possible, a limited number of changing huts will be available for use after lessons.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: We will be utilizing guidelines from the CDC to ensure that our team is healthy within the facility. Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken via touchless infrared thermometer and will be required to complete a self-assessment before each shift.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the Front Desk. Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear Face Shields for Instructors.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each instructor will be assigned to a lane with his/her own equipment, which will be swapped out and sanitized after each lesson by a dedicated cleaner.
- SWIM-READY RULE FOR STAFF: Staff will also be required to enter our facility ready for work. Procedures will be implemented to ensure proper physical distance between staff members throughout their shifts.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. We will be doing extensive training before open to go over all Dept of Health and CDC guidelines to open and operate as safe as possible.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation every evening, we will have a dedicated cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility as well as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for use.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of chairs will be available in our viewing area with markers to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items will be limited to swimming needs, such as suits, goggles, and towels. Our Snack Shack will also be closed starting in our first phase of reopening. All transactions will be done via your family account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily closing off our shower area and suspending our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, loaner goggles. We will also prohibit the use of drinking fountains- so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water!
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Widened lane lines and use of alternate ends of pool to provide for adequate distance between swimmers
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES: Maximum 3:1 student to teacher ratio for group lessons, 4:1 for mini 1 and 2 lessons (parent in water)
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact
- SUSPEND END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: To limit congestion on the pool deck, we are temporarily suspending in-person teacher talks after lessons. Parents will still be called in at the 25-minute mark to provide appropriate time for instructor stations to be sanitized.
How are you going to apply social distancing in the pool?
- We will be expanding our lanes from single to double width and our instructors will be monitoring students to remain apart from each other. Our student ratio will also be lowered to 3 students per class to ensure that we follow proper protocol.
How can a swim instructor social distance when they are required to be next to my child who can’t swim independently yet?
- Our swim instructors will be wearing face shields to provide protection to our instructors and our swimmers. According to the CDC covid-19 is not able to survive in properly chlorinated water and therefore very unlikely to be transmitted while in the pool. We are also providing training on new in water manipulations that will limit face to face contact.
How will you ensure our safety while entering your facility?
- Safety is our top priority and we want to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable while visiting Goldfish Swim School. All guests entering the facility are required to wear a face mask per local mandate. Our team will be sanitizing all swim equipment after each use. We will also be sanitizing changing huts and bathrooms on a routinely basis. Our instructors will be required to take a daily temperature and health check before entering the building. Any employee experiencing covid symptoms is required to stay home.
Will you still provide loaner goggles and towels?
- At this time, we are not able to provide any towels or goggles to borrow. We are requiring each swimmer to bring their own to decrease the risk of potential spread.
Is my family still able to come in and spectate my swimmer’s lesson?
- At the moment, we are limiting one adult per family excluding non participant members in the facility due to capacity mandates. We are not allowing siblings in the waiting area.
Will you still sell products and snacks?
- We will sell a limited number of swim related products for people who need the products to complete their lessons. Goggles, swimsuits and towels. All other snacks and other products will be temporarily suspended.
Will you be having swim force?
- We are moving forward with Swim Force at reduced numbers. We are working diligently to create a fun swim force that is safe and promotes social distancing. Swim Force Meets are cancelled for the foreseeable future. We look forward to having a meet once it is permissible and safe for our customers and team.
- Decals and signs throughout the facility will share clear and helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
LOST AND FOUND
- Please try your best to keep track of all your belongings, as the state has suggested that we eliminate our Lost and Found bins.
PARTIES AND FAMILY SWIM
- Temporarily suspend birthday parties, events and family swim