Goldfish Swim School - Wexford
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Established in 2006, Goldfish Swim School is one of the nation’s leading providers of children’s swim lessons. Conducted in a clean, safe, and state-of-the-art facility (>10,000 square feet), we teach children between the ages of 4 months – 12 years how to be safer in and around the water. Contrary to a typical community pool that is open to the public, our operation and lesson structure are highly regimented and efficient in cycling members in and out of the facility from one 30-minute lesson block to the next. While the vast majority of our open hours are dedicated to a highly structured swim lesson operation, our normal business model also includes 4 hours per week of open family swim time for members – and a two hour Birthday Party each week. At this time we have suspended all family “open” swim times and Birthday Parties until further notice.
Additional Precautions We Are Implementing for Reopening
Limiting the number of people in our facility including:
- Requiring face mask is worn when in the building (not while in the water)
- Limiting members to one (1) parent/guardian per family to be present during lessons
- Limiting time spent in the facility by requiring members to enter no earlier than five (5) minutes prior to the start of their lesson time and asking them to be respectful in exiting after their lessons as quickly as possible within 10 minutes of the conclusion of lessons.
- Signage, floor decals throughout the facility to assist with maintaining social distance
- Temporarily suspending “parent talks” – a period of five minutes at the end of each lesson period where parents gather on the pool deck to get an update on their child’s progress
- Showers will be a walkthrough, no-touch rinse off on our pool deck as they exit to the changing areas.
- Removal of paper registration forms and shifting to 100% e-signature platform
- Requiring staff on the “dry” (non-pool) side of our facility to wear protective face masks with a minimal amount of transactions at our front desk area
- Swim instructors are required to wear face shields to create an additional level of protection
- Daily acknowledgment of self-assessment questionnaire of health.
- Pre-shift temperature checks of all staff with an infrared thermometer – those with a temperature of 100.3 degrees or above will be sent home and asked to obtain documented clearance from a physician prior to returning to work – all temperatures for every team member will be logged
- We have asked staff to stay home from work if they are feeling ill
Continued Sanitation of the Facility
- We use disinfectants from the EPA list of disinfectants that are qualified as being effective against COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and other "harder-to-kill" viruses
- We continue to place hand sanitizer for member use throughout the facility
- Increased frequency (every half hour during open lesson times) of disinfecting high-touch surfaces within our facility.
- Encourage members and staff to frequently wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- On the poolside, we use a state of the art chlorination system and, as is our standard practice, we test our pool a minimum of four times per day (we are only required to every 6 hours) to ensure our pool is safe for our swimmers; along with our Ultra-violet pool filtration that has always been our standard of practice. We regularly wash our pool deck and utilize a highly concentrated and eco-friendly disinfectant to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the pool deck.
- Sanitizing all class tools and equipment in between classes
- Asking members that if they are not feeling well and or have recently traveled abroad to stay home.
- Temporarily suspending all family swim times as well as birthday parties until further notice
- Temporarily removed the toys from our play area, along with magazines and other high touch items in the facility.
- Our lobby is sanitized at night with a *Halo Fogger whole room disinfectant