Goldfish Swim School - West Chester
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
At Goldfish Swim School, the safety of our guests and team members is our #1 priority! We are proud to say that we have worked hand-in-hand with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as complying with our state and local health authorities to help ease your mind and ensure that we are providing you the safest experience possible as you jump back in…Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete a self assessment prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We appreciate all members and children wearing face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area. Adults participating in our Mini classes are required to wear a mask while in the water.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Please wait outside until a member of our team comes to greet you. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. Members may check in via the Goldfish App or a member of our team will take attendance during class.
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: We kindly ask that families promptly exit the facility using the back door when lessons are finished. We will guide you that way at the end of lessons.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home. Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken, and will be asked to complete a self assessment. If the staff member has a fever, or self reports signs of illness, they will be asked to return home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS : Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing guidelines. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, high chairs, loaner goggles. Additionally, the state has prohibited the use of drinking fountains- so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water, or purchase one at our Snack Shack.
- LOST AND FOUND: Please try your best to keep track of all your belongings, as the state has suggested that we eliminate our Lost and Found bins.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. We have invested in a hospital grade electrostatic sprayer that will be used on chairs, bathrooms, change rooms and high touch areas.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC systems have been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: We are working to leverage technology to share skill progression with parents. We are currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements.
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY AND REDUCED SHOWERS: Showers will be available for a brief 30 second rinse after lessons, parents will not be allowed on deck to access showers. Changing rooms will be available for a brief use at the end of lessons, however we encourage you to take your swimmer home in their swim gear.