Goldfish Swim School – South Jordan
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
The last few months have been a challenge; but together we stayed strong, and we stayed safe. And now, it’s time to reunite and dive back in. Our greatest joy is sharing our mission to inspire the love of swimming and water safety, all while uniting communities and giving kids the platform to make waves in life.
In order to adhere to all guidelines set forth by the Utah Leads Together Plan and the Salt Lake County Health Department, we worked hard to develop a plan to keep our members and employees safe during the yellow phase. In order to prepare you and your swimmer for your first day back, below is a list of procedures we are implementing in our school until Governor Herbert moves Salt Lake County into the green phase.
Prior to attending your first lesson, please make sure you have logged into the new customer portal and accepted the waivers. This is required prior to participating in swim lessons.
Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
- Please limit one parent/guardian to one swimmer at lessons to accommodate social distancing.
- Lane assignments will be posted on the entrance vestibule windows. Upon arrival to the facility, please check your lane assignment so you know where to go when welcomed into the facility.
- Please wait outside of the facility by standing on one of the designated spots. One of our staff members will welcome you into the facility 5 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
For the safety of all our members and our employees, we will respectfully
conduct a symptom check by asking if you have experienced any of the following
symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle soreness
- Changes in smell or taste
- Sore throat
If you answer yes to any of these questions, we will put a makeup credit on your account for that day’s lesson. If your child starts to exhibit symptoms during the lesson, we will notify you and request you to remove your child from the lesson. We will add a makeup token to your account.
- We respectfully ask adults to wear a facial covering (if it is safe to do so) in the facility for the safety of others and our employees.
- Any parent/guardian who is not wearing a mask will be offered a mask.
- Students should come dressed and ready for lessons. Changing huts will not be available before lessons.
- Please bring your goggles. If you leave them at home, you may purchase a pair or swim without them for the lesson. We will discontinue using community goggles indefinitely.
- If you forget your towel, we will have some for purchase at the Pro Shop.
FACILITY PRECAUTIONS & FLOW
- Members and swimmers will wait outside of the facility on social distancing designated spots until 5 minutes prior to the lesson.
- When it’s time for your lesson, a Goldfish staff member will welcome you into the facility. You will walk from the exterior of the building directly onto the pool deck, the swimmer will proceed to their lane assignment, and the parent/guardian will exit to the lobby via the door near the shower area.
- You may wait in the viewing area during lessons. Viewing area seating will be limited and social distancing is highly encouraged. If you are inside of 6 feet of another person, we encourage you to ensure your mask is on.
- We encourage you to keep your swimmer’s belongings with you vs utilizing communal cubbies.
- After lessons, we encourage members to leave straight from lessons and to shower and change at home. Should you need to change here, we will have changing rooms available for use. Our bathrooms are also available.
- The hair drying station will not be available for use.
- Communal items such as soaps, lotions, diapers, and wipes will not be available for use.
- At the completion of the lesson, all members and swimmers will exit using the emergency exit at the south end of the facility to eliminate overlap between departing and arriving families.
- The pool is chlorinated and the water is also filtered through a UV system. The water is safe and clean. All equipment used in lessons is being exposed to the chlorinated water so it remains clean. Additional cleaning will be conducted at the end of each lesson.
- The air on the pool deck is circulated and exchanged with outside air every 10-15 minutes. The air is also humid and kept at a temperature of 90 degrees.
- Each lane is a minimum of 8 feet wide
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at every lane and separate each individual child on the pool deck to support social distancing amongst families.
- Mini 1-2 classes will be conducted in a double wide lane to promote social distancing. We encourage parent/guardian attending the lesson to wear a mask (if it is safe to do so).
- All swim instructors will wear a mask in the water whenever they are inside of 6 feet. You may see the instructor remove their mask while talking to your swimmer; but the instructor will remain 6 feet back during these times.
- Like always, an announcement will be made to welcome parents back onto the pool deck to pick up swimmers. Parents will re-enter the pool deck area through the dry side door at the north end of the facility. We will not be providing individual swimmer feedback as instructors need time to wipe down equipment and barriers for the upcoming lesson. However, if you would like feedback at the conclusion of your swimmer’s lesson, please do not hesitate to ask the instructor. Just know that they will likely be wiping equipment while providing feedback.
- Please do your best to maintain as much distance as possible between other people.
- Showers will be limited to maintain social distancing. We strongly encourage you to shower your swimmer at home.
- Please respect social distancing of other members and employees.
- Front desk staff will wear a mask.
- Snack shack and retail items must be purchased with a card on file (no cash).
- Our retail area is for window shopping only. We have many more sizes, colors, and variety in our storage area. Please ask a front desk staff member for help so we can help you purchase exactly what you want.
- Quarter candy will not be available for purchase.
FACILITY SANITATION & CLEANING
- Sanitation stations are located throughout the facility. Each station has hand sanitizer and gloves.
- We encourage hand sanitizing upon entering the facility.
- High touch areas will be cleaned regularly.
- Deck staff will utilize proper hand sanitizing and/or gloves to handle report cards, ribbon distribution, weekly prizes, etc.
- All equipment, floors are sanitized on a regular basis.