Goldfish Swim School - Park Ridge
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden
Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete this prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We appreciate all members and swimmers wearing face masks in our facility, as required by Illinois state guidelines. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility, limiting the number of people in our facility and adhering to Illinois state requirements.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. We will ask all families to kindly wait outside, practicing social distancing, if they arrive early. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. A member of our team will take attendance during class.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: We kindly ask that families promptly exit the facility using the new designated exit door by the hair dryers when lessons are finished. If taking a shower or changing is not necessary we encourage you not to.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff members will have temperatures taken upon arrival for each shift. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home. If required by the state of Illinois at the time of reopening, all members will also have their temperature checked at the door prior to entering the facility.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable. All customer service representatives and managers will be wearing face masks. All swim instructors and members of our team out on the pool deck will be wearing a clear face shield.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Any Treasure Island retail items purchased will be charged to the credit card on your account. The purchase of snacks, drinks and quarter candy will temporarily be discontinued.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, weekly prizes, hair dryers, diaper changing station, highchairs and loaner goggles. Additionally, the state has prohibited the use of drinking fountains, so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water.
- LOST AND FOUND: Please try your best to keep track of all of your belongings, as the state has required that we eliminate our Lost and Found bins.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems. We have also installed new higher-grade air filters throughout our HVAC system.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines.
- REDUCED CLASS SIZES: All class sizes will be reduced to adhere to state guidelines for social distancing in a pool environment.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Working to leverage technology to share skill progression with Parents. We are currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements.
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY AND NO SHOWERS: A limited number of showers and changing huts will be available to use if necessary after lessons. We kindly encourage you to exit the facility promptly after your child’s lesson is over. Consider bringing an extra towel for your child to sit on during the ride home.
- FAMILY SWIM: We will not be offering family swims at this time.
- SWIM FORCE: The number of swimmers in each Swim Force lesson, similar to all other group lessons, will be reduced to adhere to state guidelines. We will be postponing all Swim Force swim meets until further notice.
- PARTIES: At this time, we are unable to host parties & events, but our mascot Bubbles us happy to virtually attend your at home parties when available! Please contact the front desk for more information.