Goldfish Swim School – Overland Park
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to maintain a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: We are asking anyone who is not feeling well or who has recently traveled abroad or to a COVID-19 hot spot within the United States to stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: While not required, wearing a facemask is encouraged to help keep you and all of our member families safe. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: We are asking member families to assist us by only bringing one caregiver per child.
- SWIM-READY TIP: Please assist us by arriving no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson time. It may be helpful to bring your little swimmer in their swim attire.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: Members may use the Goldfish App to look up their class lane and instructor, or a member of our team will be happy to assist upon your arrival!
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- HEALTH SCREENINGS: All staff will undergo a temperature check and health screening questionnaire prior to every shift. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Swim instructors will wear transparent face shields as an added layer of protection and so that your little swimmer can still see their favorite instructor’s smiling face! Non-pool staff will wear facemasks.
- WIDER SWIM LANES & PARTITIONS: Our swim lanes have temporarily been doubled in width to 12 feet and lane partitions have been placed between lanes to protect swimmers from one lane to the next.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face closeness.
- FAMILY SWIM: We have temporarily suspended family swim times until it is deemed to safe to resume these “non-structured” activities – we apologize for any inconvenience!
- PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties & events – we apologize for any inconvenience!
- REDUCED CLASS CAPACITY: We have temporarily reduced our independent class size to a maximum of 3 students, and have reduced the number of classes running during each half hour period. "Mini" class capacity will remain the same but new class protocols have been put into place to maintain social distancing.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS : Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs. You will also notice that some of our showers, changing huts and other amenities have been closed to assist with better social distancing. We are asking families who use the showers to keep it to a “quick rinse” and to exit the school as efficiently as possible following your lesson.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve temporarily suspended some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, high chairs, loaner goggles and quarter candy. We will restore these amenities once it is deemed safe to do so.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We always pride ourselves on a clean and sparkling facility. We will continue our increased cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems. We will also be circulating additional fresh air into the dry-side of our facility by keeping our doors open (weather permitting).
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: We are working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/parents – we are temporarily suspending post-lesson “parent talks” in order to comply with state and local social distancing requirements