Goldfish Swim School – Overland Park
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Hello families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for our most up-to-date safety protocols to maintain a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: We are asking anyone who is not feeling well or who has recently traveled abroad or to a COVID-19 hot spot within the United States to stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: As strongly recommended by Johnson County, we highly encourage members to wear a face covering over their mouth and nose when inside our facility. However, for safety reasons, children and family members will not be required to wear face coverings while in the pool We appreciate everyone's cooperation and support!
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: We are asking member families to assist us by only bringing one caregiver per child.
- SWIM-READY TIP: Please assist us by arriving no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson time. It may be helpful to bring your little swimmer in their swim attire.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: Members may use the Goldfish App to look up their class lane and instructor, or a member of our team will be happy to assist upon your arrival!
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- HEALTH SCREENINGS: any team member who is displaying any COVID or COVID like symptoms, and or who has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 will be asked to remain at home. Testing requirements to return to work may apply.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Swim instructors will wear transparent face shields as an added layer of protection and so that your little swimmer can still see their favorite instructor’s smiling face! Non-pool staff will wear facemasks.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face closeness.
- Family Swim: We are pleased to announce that reduced capacity family swim times are now available! Please CLICK HERE to view available days, times and sign up options!
- PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties & events – we apologize for any inconvenience!
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS : Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: You will notice that some of our showers and other amenities have been closed to assist with better social distancing. We are asking families who use the showers to keep it to a “quick rinse” and to exit the school as efficiently as possible following your lesson.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve temporarily suspended some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, high chairs, loaner goggles and quarter candy. We will restore these amenities once it is deemed safe to do so.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We always pride ourselves on a clean and sparkling facility. We will continue our increased cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems. We will also be circulating additional fresh air into the dry-side of our facility by keeping our doors open (weather permitting).
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: We are working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/parents – we are temporarily suspending post-lesson “parent talks” in order to comply with state and local social distancing requirements