Goldfish Swim School - Oakdale
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete a self-assessment of symptoms prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We require the use of face masks in our facility. If you forget your mask, don't worry: we will be happy to give you one! For safety reasons, children may not wear face masks while in the pool.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. If you arrive earlier you will be kindly asked to wait outside the facility. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosks will be discontinued. Members may check in via the Goldfish App or a member of our team will take attendance during class.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken and must complete a health survey upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well or exhibiting symptoms will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Signage throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Retail purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve temporarily suspended some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, bumbo chairs, loaner goggles.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. You will notice additional staff dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing high touch surfaces.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health guidelines regarding social distancing.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: We are working to leverage technology to share skill progression with parents. We are not currently offering end of class communication to comply with social distancing requirements.
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY AND LIMITED SHOWERS: Some showers will be temporarily closed to accommodate social distancing. Use changing huts after lessons or bring a towel for your child to sit on during the ride home.
- FAMILY SWIM: We are reducing the number of swimmers to a maximum of 20. Family Swim is only available to currently enrolled members. Members are required to make reservations.
- SWIM FORCE: We are reducing the class size of swim force to 4 kids per lane. We will also be splitting up swimmers in each lane on opposite sides of the pool (2 on each side). We will also be postponing Swim Force swim meets.
- PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties & events, but our mascot Bubbles is happy to virtually attend your at home parties when available!