Goldfish Swim School - Gowanus
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together. ™
We are so excited to teach Brooklyn children how to be safer in and around the water. We have been working hand in hand with the DOH to ensure the facility is as safe as possible during this time.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- MEMBER SELF ASSESSMENT: Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility (excluding Mini 1 and Mini 2 levels only). We request families to keep non-swimming siblings at home if possible to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers are encouraged to come dressed for lessons as changing huts will be limited prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk has been temporarily suspended. A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our facility entrance to greet guests, check them in, and let them know their children’s lane assignments.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We are requiring all guests over the age of 2 years old to wear face masks in our facility at all times. For safety reasons, children and guests will not wear face masks while in the pool.
- VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: Starting September 13th, 2021, we will require proof of vaccination for all guests 12 years and older in order to enter the facility.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: We will be utilizing guidelines from the CDC to ensure that our team is healthy within the facility. Upon arrival, all staff will be required to complete a self assessment before each shift.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear Face Shields for Instructors.
- VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: Starting September 13th, 2021, we will require proof of vaccination for all team members.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation multiple times per week. We will also have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility as well as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for use.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of chairs will be available in our viewing area to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Please refrain from moving the chairs.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items will be limited to swimming needs, such as suits, goggles, and towels. Our Snack Shack will also be closed for the time being. All transactions will be done via your family account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily closing off some of our deck showers and suspending our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, and coloring table.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: To provide for adequate distance between swimmers, we have widened our class lanes.
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: To minimize face to face contact, we've adjusted skill techniques.
- SHORTENED END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: To limit congestion on the pool deck, we are temporarily shortening dialogue at the end of lessons. You're always able to ask for an evaluation via your Deck Supervisor at the start of lessons, that can be emailed to you. Parents will still be called in a few minutes before the end of class to provide time for instructors to give feedback if needed.