Goldfish Swim School - Gowanus
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together. ™
We are so excited to open our doors and teach Brooklyn children how to be safer in and around the water. We have been working hand in hand with the DOH to ensure the facility is as safe as possible during this time.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- MEMBER SELF ASSESSMENT:Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility. We request families to leave non-swimming siblings at home to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers are encouraged to come dressed for lessons as changing huts will be limited prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our pool entrance to greet customers, check them in, and let them know their children’s lane assignments.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We are requiring all members to wear face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Showers will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities. While we encourage families to exit our facility as efficiently as possible, a limited number of changing huts will be available for use after lessons.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: We will be utilizing guidelines from the CDC to ensure that our team is healthy within the facility. Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken via touchless infrared thermometer, and will be required to complete a self assessment before each shift.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the Front Desk. Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear Face Shields for Instructors.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each instructor will be assigned to a lane with his/her own equipment, which will be swapped out and sanitized after each lesson by a dedicated cleaner.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation every evening, we will have a dedicated cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility as well as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for use.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of chairs will be available in our viewing area with markers to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items will be limited to swimming needs, such as suits, goggles, and towels. Our Snack Shack will also be closed starting in our first phase of reopening. All transactions will be done via your family account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily closing off our shower area and suspending our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, loaner goggles. We will also prohibit the use of drinking fountains- so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water!
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Widened lane lines and use of alternate ends of pool to provide for adequate distance between swimmers.
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact.
- SUSPEND END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: To limit congestion on the pool deck, we are temporarily suspending in-person teacher talks after lessons. Parents will still be called in at the 25-minute mark to provide appropriate time for instructor stations to be sanitized.