Goldfish Swim School - FORT WASHINGTON
CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE PLAN
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.™
Established in 2006, Goldfish Swim School is one of the nation’s leading providers of children’s swim lessons. Conducted in a clean, safe, and state-of-the-art facility, we teach children between the ages of 4 months – 12 years how to be safer in and around the water. Contrary to a typical community pool that is open to the public, our operation and lesson structure are highly regimented and efficient in cycling members in and out of the facility from one 30-minute lesson block to the next. While the vast majority of our open hours are dedicated to a highly structured swim lesson operation, our normal business model also includes 6.5 hours per week of open family swim time for members – and a two hour Birthday Party each week. At this time we have suspended all family “open” swim times and Birthday Parties until further notice.
Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment
and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility upon reopening. Keep in mind that like many businesses, we will be taking a phased approach to reopening. Many of the changes outlined below will not be permanent.
Safer Guests & Members
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We are requiring all members to wear face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one (1) caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility. We encourage families to leave non-swimming siblings at home to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our front door to greet customers, check them in, and let them know their childrens’ lane assignments. Members may also check in via the Goldfish App.
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Showers will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities. While we encourage families to exit our facility as quickly as possible, a limited number of changing huts will be available for use after lessons.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken via touchless infrared thermometer, and will be asked to complete a self assessment. If the staff member has a fever, or self reports signs of illness, they will be sent home, and must be cleared by a doctor in order to return.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the Front Desk. Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear Face Shields for Instructors.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Staff will also be required to enter our facility ready for work. Procedures will be implemented to ensure proper physical distance between staff members throughout their shifts.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each instructor will be assigned to a lane with his/her own equipment, which will be swapped out and cleaned after each lesson by a dedicated cleaner.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus, in addition to revised water rescue and CPR skills to ensure the safety of a guest in distress.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation throughout the week, we will have a dedicated cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for use throughout the facility. Our facility will be sanitized every day with an electrostatic sprayer.
- SAFE PRODUCTS: We use disinfectants from the EPA list of disinfectants that are qualified as being effective against COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and other "harder-to-kill" viruses.
- POOL MAINTENANCE: We use a state of the art chlorination system and, as is our standard practice, we test our pool a minimum of three times per day to ensure our pool is safe for our swimmers. We regularly wash our pool deck and utilize a highly concentrated and eco-friendly disinfectant to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the pool deck.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of chairs will be available in our viewing area with markers to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- HAND WASHING: We encourage members and staff to frequently wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals and signs throughout the facility will share clear and helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily closing off our shower area and suspending our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, prizes, and loaner goggles. We will also prohibit the use of drinking fountains- so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water!
- LOST AND FOUND: Please try your best to keep track of all your belongings, as we have eliminated our Lost and Found bins.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC systems have been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Our new, easy-to-use mobile app will enable parents to manage their accounts and schedules.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Widened lane lines and use of alternate ends of pool to provide for adequate distance between swimmers.
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES: 4:1 student to teacher ratio for group lessons except for Mini 3, 6:1 for mini 1 and 2 lessons (parent in water).
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact.
- ADJUSTED TRAFFIC FLOW: Older children are encouraged to enter the pool deck without a caregiver. Parents or guardians may escort younger children to their lane, and we ask that they maintain social distancing guidelines, and exit the pool deck quickly. After lessons, parents or guardians will be permitted onto the pool deck to pick up their children.
- SUSPEND END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: To limit congestion on pool deck, we are temporarily suspending in-person teacher talks after lessons.
- SWIM FORCE: We are currently cancelling all Swim Force classes due to current social distancing requirements. If you would like to enroll your child into our Pro 2 level, please schedule on our Customer Portal, or contact the front desk. We will also be postponing all Swim Force swim meets. We will contact you once we are able to resume Swim Force classes.
- PARTIES AND FAMILY SWIM: We have temporarily suspended birthday parties, events, and family swim.