Goldfish Swim School - Fitchburg
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together.™
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed in the facility.
- SANITIZATION UPON ENTRY: Members and staff will be asked to sanitize hands upon entry. Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the school.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: All staff and members over 5 years old are required to wear a face covering when not in the pool. For safety reasons, swimmers will not wear face masks while in the pool area. Disposable masks will be available in our facility for $1, and all proceeds will be donated to our Float it Forward campaign in partnership with the USA Swimming Foundation.
- FOOD POLICY: Food consumption is temporarily suspended to limit hand to mouth contact. Snack Shack items will be available for purchase when exiting the school.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Showers will be temporarily closed. While we encourage families to exit our facility as quickly as possible, a reduced number of changing huts will be available for use after lessons.
- UNLIMITED MAKEUPS: If your little one is feeling under the weather please keep them home. For the remainder of 2020, members can accrue unlimited makeup tokens. Just let us know ahead of time if you need to miss your lesson and we'll add a makeup token on your account!
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken and complete a self assessment upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the Front Desk. Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear Face Shields for instructors.
AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent
the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on our brand new facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional cleaning and sanitation throughout the week, we will have a cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility and disinfectant wipes available for use.
- POOL SANITATION: We use a state of the art chlorination system and, as is our standard practice, we test our pool 2-3 times per day to ensure our pool is safe for our swimmers.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals and signs throughout the facility will share clear and helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily closing off our shower area and suspending our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, ribbons, quarter candy, hair dryers, loaner goggles.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC systems have been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES: To abide by capacity requirements and to maintain proper social distancing in the pool, student to teacher ratio will be maximum 3:1 (or less) for group lessons and 5:1 for mini 1 and 2 lessons (parent in water).
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Increased lane width to provide adequate social distancing between swimmers in class. Use of alternate ends of the pool to allow for social distancing between classes/lanes.
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact (instructors will also be wearing face shields).
- LIMIT SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each swimmer will be assigned equipment that only they will use during lessons when possible. We are temporarily suspending use of shared Mini Class props.
- END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: End of class door calls will begin 5 minutes prior to the end of class and instructor to parent feedback will be temporarily suspended to minimize congestion on the pool deck.