Goldfish Swim School - Edmond
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™. Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: Please wait in or by your car or distance yourself at the front door until the front door is clear. Each family will take turns coming into the front door for temperature checks. All families must complete this prior to entering the facility. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home. We are still offering unlimited makeup credits at this time for illness.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We appreciate all members and swimmers wearing face masks in our facility. Face masks are required for anyone over the age of 11, not actively in swim lessons. Extra masks are available at the front door.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility. Chairs will be limited in the viewing area. Members may also stand or wait in their car during lessons. Please notify the front desk if you choose to wait in your car.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to lessons.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished. Please use the exit located between the changing area and bathrooms.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: All employees will wear appropriate PPE, including swim instructors. Additionally, we have updated our mask policy to comply with the City of Oklahoma City and local health department. Our facility is located within Oklahoma City limits.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals and signs throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: We prefer cards but still accept exact change in our fishbowl for Snack Shack Purchases. We prefer Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases to be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly refrain from moving chairs. We respectfully ask parents to wait in the viewing area and not on deck. This includes guardians not in the water during Mini classes. Please have your swimmer wait near the “DRY DOOR” on an “X” on the floor prior to lessons. Parents may drop off their child at their lane if they wish. Older children may walk themselves to their lane. Deck supervisors are there to assist with walking kids to their lane
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, high chairs, loaner goggles.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We have increase our cleaning regimen to every thirty minutes during lessons and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Our lanes are extra wide for social distancing. We will also utilize dividers to separate students.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Our parent portal is a convenient way to take care of tasks that you would normally complete at the front desk. Our front desk is still available.
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY AND NO SHOWERS: Showers will only be utilized on the way into the pool at the beginning of swim lessons. We recommend your child changing out of their swim suit at home but members may use changing huts after lessons or bring an extra towel for your child to sit on during the ride home.
- FAMILY SWIM: We know our families look forward to spending time together in the pool. Unfortunately, we have cancelled family swim until further notice.
- SWIM FORCE: We will also be postponing all Swim Force swim meets until further notice.
- PARTIES: At this time, we are unable to host parties & events.
Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to ensuring the safest possible environment for all of our members and employees! We are committed to being Safer. Stronger. Together.