Look at my cutie! I can’t believe Sophie is 9 and a half…seriously. This child is headed toward ten without looking back and it kinda FREAKS ME OUT! And of course as she gets older she’s going to want to do more and more fun activities with family and friends. She loves sailing on the small sail boats her dad sails on the weekend during the summer, so she REALLY needs to be a strong swimmer. We’ve had her in lessons at our local university off and on for awhile, but the only run in short sessions and are off for the summer, so when I had the opportunity to try out Goldfish Swim School for a couple of months in exchange for a review, I went for it. And our experience has been GREAT. Here’s what I like about Goldfish:
- Easy to register and check in. You just scan a card when you arrive much like your favorite store shopper card.
- Consistent instructors. Sophie’s always had the same teacher every single time, unlike at other places we’ve tried where there seemed to be a lot of inconsistency.
- Easy, plentiful changing facilities. No waiting for an open room or changing in group settings!
- HAIR DRYING STATION!! Love it. This is so perfect for Sophie’s LONG, THICK hair!
- Small class sizes. Sophie’s never had more than four in her class!
- Easy re-scheduling and make-up sessions if you have to miss for vacations or illness (we had to re-schedule two make-ups for those reasons.)
- SUPER timely lessons. Sessions, without exception, started and ended perfectly on time every single time. I was amazed.
- LOTS of comfortable seating in the viewing area! I could see Sophie from just about anywhere I sat, and there was plenty of room for siblings too.
We have loved lessons at Goldfish. I am not lying when I say they have been the highlight of Sophie’s week. We are taking July off because we are so busy as a family, but plan to dive back in (see what I did there?) in August, and have her go two times a week instead of just once. It’s not that much more expensive to do twice a week, and it’s a great value in my eyes because it also means she will progress and graduate sooner.
If you’re in Dayton, you can find our local Goldfish Swim School south of town on Lyons Rd. just off 675. I highly recommend it and hope we see you there!