Goldfish Swim School - Dayton
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a
safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- Symptom Checklist: All families entering the facility must complete this prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- Personal Protective Equipment: We appreciate all members and swimmers wearing face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- Limited Occupancy: Only one caregiver per household will be allowed into the facility.
- Swim-ready Rule: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- Touchless Check-in: Members may check in via the Goldfish App and a member of our team will take attendance during class once kids are in the pool.
- eSignature Enabled: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- Efficient Exit: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished. Please bring extra towel for the car ride home.
- Temperature Scans: All staff will be asked to have temperatures taken and check for symptoms before arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- Personal Protection Equipment: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable..
- Awareness & Preparedness Training: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- Safety Signage: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- Cashless Transactions - Treasure Chest Retail Item will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- Social Distancing: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- Abridged Amenities: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, high chairs, loaner goggles, and our Snack Shack snacks.
- Enhanced Sanitization: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. Maintaining 2 hour cleaning guidelines.
- Efficient Air Circulation: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- Staggered Lane Use: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines.
- Refined Techniques: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- Working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/ parents -- currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements.
- No Changing Huts and Showers: Showers and change huts will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities.
- Family Swim: Not at this time
- Swim Lessons: For the time being we have limited our class sizes to a ratio of 2:1 for our beginner swimmers and 4:1 for our more advanced swimmers. Parent assisted classes will have the ratio of 4:1.
- Swim Force: Limited capacity to better maintain social distancing. No Swim Meets are scheduled for the time being.
- Virtual Birthday Party Appearances: While we’re unable to host these celebrations, Bubbles is happy to Zoom into your home parties or parades when available!