Goldfish Swim School - Columbia
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete this prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Per Governor Hogan’s orders all members and swimmers (age 2 and above) will be required to wear face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. Members may check in via the Goldfish App or a member of our team will take attendance during class.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: We kindly ask that families promptly exit the facility within 10 minutes following the conclusion of lessons.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable; this includes face masks worn by employees in lobby and face shields worn by Instructors in water.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat assigned to your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: quarter candy, books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, and swim suit spinners.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We use a state of the art chlorination system and, as is our standard practice, we test our pool chemical balance a minimum of four times per day to ensure our pool is safe for our swimmers; along with our ultra-violet pool filtration system that has always been our standard of practice. We regularly wash our pool deck and utilize a highly concentrated and eco-friendly disinfectant to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the pool deck. Our lobby is sanitized every :30 minutes with a Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner & Disinfectant (PMSCD)* and overnight with a Halo Fogger whole room disinfectant.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines and class ratios have been altered to a 3:1 ratio in a widened 12-foot swim lesson lane to meet social distancing requirements.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: We are working to leverage technology to share skill progression with parents. Upon reopening we will not be offering end of class parent/teacher communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY AND SHOWERS: Showers will be open for a quick walk through post lessons. You will have the choice to use changing huts after lessons, but we ask that you respectfully take no longer than 10 minutes to change and exit the facility.
- SWIM FORCE: We are currently cancelling all Swim Force classes. If your child is a Swim Force swimmer, please contact us to transfer into a Pro 2 class or to cancel your lessons. We will also be postponing all Swim Force swim meets until it is safe to resume.
- LARGE SWIM GATHERINGS: At this time, we are unable to host parties, Family Swim, and other group events.
*PMSCD is a hospital-grade disinfectant, with a 45 second claim against Covid-19 and Norovirus.