Goldfish Swim School - Cleveland East Side
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™. We’ve worked with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our state and local health experts to bring you these guidelines.
Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
Safer Guests & Members
- PROACTIVE HEALTH ASSESSMENTS: All families entering the facility must complete a self assessment prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: All adults must wear face coverings in our facility. The CDC recognizes that wearing masks may not be possible for all children depending upon the situation. So, we are relying on parents to ensure that children who can wear masks do. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks during lessons.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: As required by the state of OH, only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your class. Swimmers should come dressed for lessons to alleviate congestion by the changing rooms.
- ENHANCED CUSTOMER PORTAL: Members can schedule make-up lessons, change classes, make payments and sign registration forms remotely. Our customer portal has been updated and is also available through our Goldfish app. End-of-class communication will be shared via online skill reports.
- ONGOING HEALTH ASSESSMENTS: All staff will be required to complete self assessments prior to every shift. Upon arrival, all staff will have their temperature taken.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: All employees have been trained in CDC protocols and ODOH guidelines for coronavirus.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We have increased our cleaning regimen and sanitization schedule throughout the entire facility.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Viewing area chairs have been rearranged in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART OPERATIONS: Our on-site chlorination system and UV water purification system kills germs and inactivates viruses. We also have high-tech air filtration systems that continuously expel stale air from the pool and replace it with 100% ambient. fresh air at a rate of eight times per hour.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: snack shack items, books, toys, prizes, high chairs, loaner goggles, ribbons. Additionally, the state has prohibited the use of drinking fountains so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water. Please keep track of belongings as the state has required the elimination of Lost and Found bins.
- REDUCED CLASS SIZES AND STAGGERED START TIMES: Lessons will be 30-minutes long and start times will be staggered by 15-minutes to control the flow of people in and out of the facility.
- REFINED LESSON TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- PROGRAM PAUSES: Sadly, we must currently pause Family Swims and special events due to current social distancing requirements.
- VIRTUAL PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties and events, but our mascot Bubbles is happy to virtually attend home parties when available! Please contact the Front Desk for more information.
Please know, according to the CDC, there is no evidence that the coronavirus can be spread through water in pools if properly operated and maintained.