Goldfish Swim School - Chapel Hill
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming... Safer. Stronger. Together™.
We’ve worked with the CDC as well as our state and local health experts to bring you these guidelines. Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility.
- PROACTIVE HEALTH ASSESSMENTS: All families entering the facility must complete a self assessment prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: As of Friday, June 26th at 5:00pm, per Executive Order 147 issued by Governor Cooper, all adults and individuals older than age 11 will be required to wear a mask in our facility, barring any exceptions mentioned in the order. We thank you for your cooperation with this mandate to help keep our community safe.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: To help our facility maintain social distancing requirements, only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your class and wait outside our facility. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available before lessons. We also kindly ask that families promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished.
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATES: Our customer portal has been updated and is also available through our new Goldfish app. We are currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements, but are excited to announce that we have started using our Digital Progress Reports, allowing us to evaluate our swimmers digitally. Current swimmer Digital Progress Report evaluations can be found via email, customer portal, and the Goldfish app, but of course, if you have any questions about your swimmer's progress, please ask a manager or one of our deck supervisors.
- ONGOING HEALTH ASSESSMENTS: All staff will be required to complete self assessments prior to every shift. Upon arrival, all staff will have their temperature taken.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: All employees have been trained in CDC protocols and NCDHHS guidelines for coronavirus.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We have increased our cleaning regimen and sanitization schedule throughout the entire facility.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Viewing area chairs have been rearranged in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART OPERATIONS: Our on-site chlorination system kills germs and inactivates viruses. We also have high-tech air filtration systems that continuously expel stale air from the pool and replace it with 100% ambient fresh air at a rate of eight times per hour.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Signs posted throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail purchases will be charged to a credit card or the payment method on your account. Snacks and drinks will not be available at this time.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, high chairs, loaner goggles, ribbons. Additionally, the state has prohibited the use of drinking fountains, so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water.Showers will operate on limited capacity. Change huts will only be available post-lessons. Also, please try your best to keep track of belongings, as the state has required that we eliminate our Lost and Found bin.
- REFINED LESSON TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- PROGRAM PAUSES: Sadly, we must currently pause all Family Swims due to current social distancing requirements. We will resume these as soon as possible.
- VIRTUAL PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties and events, but our mascot Bubbles is happy to virtually attend home parties when available! Please contact the Front Desk for more information.
Please know, according to the CDC, there is no evidence that the coronavirus can be spread through water in pools if properly operated and maintained.