Centereach — CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together TM.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete this prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
Quick Health Assessment Before Class: Prior to entry, a staff member will check every individual's temperature at the side door to ensure the safety of all families and staff in the facility. We ask that you take advantage of our Makeup Program if anyone in your family is feeling unwell or under the weather, by either calling or emailing us to cancel your lesson in advance.
Sanitize When You Arrive: Members & Swimmers are required to sanitize hands prior to entering the facility. We have placed additional sanitization stations around the facility immediately inside the facility for your convenience.
PPE is Required: Face masks are required to enter the facility per the Maryland Department of Health. All of our Staff will wear either masks or face shields. Teachers will wear face shields when working with Swimmers but may remove them to demonstrate skills.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson, as you will not be able to enter the facility before your lesson begins. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. Members may check in via the Goldfish App or a member of our team will take attendance during class.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, high chairs, loaner goggles, bathing suit spinners.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/ parents -- currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY AND NO SHOWERS: Showers will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities. Use changing huts after lessons or bring an extra towel for your child to sit on during the ride home.
- PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties & events, but our mascot Bubbles us happy to virtually attend your at home parties when available!
FAMILY SWIM: In order to adhere to safety guidelines from state and local officials, family swim will not be held until further notice. We will provide updates on when we can safely resume as we get more information.