Carrollton - West Plano
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete this prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We appreciate all members and swimmers wearing face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. Members may check in via the Goldfish App or a member of our team will take attendance during class.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable..
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, prizes, loaner goggles.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- UV SYSTEM: We use a UV Light pool sanitation system to provide an additional layer of protection against pool pathogens, keeping our pool crystal-clear, as weel as environmentally and swimmer-safe!
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/ parents -- currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS & SHOWERS: Showers will also be held to social distancing restrictions. Please try to keep a distance between you and other families. Use changing huts after lessons or bring an extra towel for your child to sit on during the ride home.
- PRIVATE FAMILY SWIM: We know our families look forward to spending time together in the pool. Our Open swim will resume effective June 1st and will be held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12-2. Our Friday evening Family swim will resume sometime in July.
- PARTIES: At this time, we are unable to host parties & events, but our mascot Bubbles is happy to virtually attend your at home parties when available!
- VIRTUAL WATER SAFETY PRESENTATIONS: We would love to host a Facebook event or Zoom call to discuss water safety and step you can take to keep your kids safe this summer.