BURLINGTON ONT — CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.TM
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together TM.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
From September 22nd, 2021, adult patrons 18+ MUST have a vaccination passport or proof of having received (2) vaccines to enter our facility - this is a policy mandated by the Ontario Provincial Government. If you refer to page 13 in the link below, you will note that “adult patrons (18+) accessing the facility for any purpose, including parents of youth participating in an organized sport” are required to show proof of vaccination.
- If eligible to enter our facility, only (1) parent/guardian per family will be allowed on site (with the exception of Mini 1 & Mini 2 classes who are permitted (2) parents/guardians)
- We also require all persons 5 years and older to wear a mask under the provinces mandated mask policy (except when children or parents are in water)
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete this prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We appreciate all members and swimmers wearing face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per child will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new e-Signature platform.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: All staff will have temperatures taken upon arrival for shifts. Staff members who are not feeling well will be asked to remain at home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear protective gear where applicable.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account or we will be accepting credit/debit on site.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly use the seat aligned with your swimmer’s lane and refrain from moving chairs.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, hairdryers, high chairs, loaner goggles.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/ parents -- currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements
- POST-LESSON CHANGING HUTS ONLY & REDUCED NUMBER OF SHOWERS: We ask that swimmers shower before coming to lessons, however, there will be a limited number of showers available on site. Use changing huts after lessons or bring an extra towel for your child to sit on during the ride home.
- PARTIES: At this time we are unable to host parties & events, but our mascot Bubbles is happy to virtually attend your at-home parties when available!