Goldfish Swim School - Brookfield
BUBBLES BOUNCE BACK PLAN
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.™
Please read on for the changes that we have implemented to create a safer environment
and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility upon reopening. Keep in mind that like many businesses, we will be taking a phased approach to reopening. Many of the changes outlined below will not be permanent.
Safer Guests & Members
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per family will be allowed into the facility. We encourage families to leave non-swimming siblings at home to help stay within our capacity limits.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- TOUCHLESS CHECK-IN: The check-in kiosk will be discontinued. A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our front door to greet customers, check them in, and let them know their childrens’ lane assignments. Members may also check in via the Goldfish App.
- E-SIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: We are requiring all members to wear face masks in our facility. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area. Disposable masks will be available in our facility for $1, and all proceeds will be donated to our Float it Forward campaign in partnership with the USA Swimming Foundation.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Showers will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities. While we encourage families to exit our facility as quickly as possible, a limited number of changing huts will be available for use after lessons.
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home. A list of symptoms as outlined by the CDC can be found here.
- TEMPERATURE SCANS: Upon arrival, all staff will have temperatures taken via touchless infrared thermometer, and will be asked to complete a self assessment. If the staff member has a fever, or self reports signs of illness, they will be asked to return home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the Front Desk. Staff will wear masks and gloves where applicable, including clear Face Shields for Instructors.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Staff will also be required to enter our facility ready for work. Procedures will be implemented to ensure proper physical distance between staff members throughout their shifts.
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT: Each instructor will be assigned to a lane with his/her own equipment, which will be swapped out and cleaned after each lesson by a dedicated cleaner.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility and have increased our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule. In addition to professional deep cleaning and sanitation throughout the week, we will have a dedicated cleaner during every shift to disinfect high touch surfaces. We will also have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility as well as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for use.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: A limited number of chairs will be available in our viewing area with markers to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals and signs throughout the facility will share clear and helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We are temporarily closing off our shower area and suspending our added extras to curb the spread of germs including: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, loaner goggles. We will also prohibit the use of drinking fountains- so please feel free to bring your own bottle of water!
- LOST AND FOUND: Please try your best to keep track of all your belongings, as the state has suggested that we eliminate our Lost and Found bins.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC systems have been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Our new, easy-to-use mobile appwill enable parents to manage their accounts and schedules. We are working to track skill progression virtually as well.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Widened lane lines and use of alternate ends of pool to provide for adequate distance between swimmers
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES: 3:1 student to teacher ratio for group lessons, 4:1 for mini 1 and 2 lessons (parent in water)
- ADJUSTED TRAFFIC FLOW: Parents or guardians will drop children off at dry-side door once they are called for lessons. After lessons, parents or guardians will be permitted onto the pool deck to pick up their children.
- ADJUSTED MANIPULATIONS: Refined techniques will minimize face to face contact
- SUSPEND END OF CLASS COMMUNICATION: To limit congestion on pool deck, we are temporarily suspending in-person teacher talks after lessons.
- SUSPEND SWIM FORCE MEETS: Swim force practice will resume at the end of June.
- PARTIES AND FAMILY SWIM: Temporarily suspend birthday parties, events and family swim.