Goldfish Swim School - Alexandria
SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER. ™
Aloha families! While some things at Goldfish will look different in the days ahead, rest assured that our heart and mission remain the same. No matter what obstacles the coronavirus has thrown in our lane, we will just keep swimming...Safer. Stronger. Together™.
Please read on for the changes we’ve implemented to create a safe environment and a Golden Experience for everyone in our facility. Mahalo!
Safer Guests & Members
- SYMPTOM CHECKLIST: All families entering the facility must complete a self assessment prior to their arrival. Anyone experiencing any symptoms must stay home.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Face masks are required for all adults and must be worn properly inside the facility. Children are not required to wear facemasks. For safety reasons, children will not wear face masks while in the pool area.
- LIMITED OCCUPANCY: Only one caregiver per family will be allowed into the facility.
- SWIM-READY RULE: Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your lesson. Swimmers must come dressed for lessons as changing huts will not be available prior to swimming.
- CHECK-IN: Attendance will be taken by staff on the pool deck.
- ESIGNATURE ENABLED: Paper registration forms have been replaced with our new eSignature platform. All policies must be accepted on the customer portal prior to entering the water.
- EFFICIENT EXIT: Families will kindly need to promptly exit the facility when lessons are finished.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: Staff will wear appropriate personal protective equipment where practicable. Face masks will be worn by all dry side staff. All wet side staff will wear face shields.
- AWARENESS & PREPAREDNESS TRAINING: Our employees play a key role in helping prevent the spread of coronavirus. To that end, our team has been taught how to prepare for and respond to coronavirus.
- SAFETY SIGNAGE: Decals throughout the facility will share helpful reminders and control the flow of traffic through the school.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS: Treasure Island retail items or Snack Shack purchases will be charged to the credit card on your account.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have arranged the chairs in our viewing area to best accommodate social distancing recommendations. Kindly choose a seat closest to your child’s lane. Please do not move chairs throughout the facility.
- ABRIDGED AMENITIES: We’ve been asked to suspend some of our added extras to curb the spread of germs: books, toys, prizes, hair dryers, high chairs, loaner goggles, suit dryers.
- ENHANCED SANITIZATION: We pride ourselves on a sparkling facility. We will increase our cleaning regimen and pool sanitization schedule.
- EFFICIENT AIR CIRCULATION: Our pool and dry-side HVAC has been programmed to introduce fresh air into the facility at a higher rate than traditional systems.
- STAGGERED LANE USE: Swim lessons will be organized in accordance with state guidelines.
- REFINED TECHNIQUES: Our swim curriculum has been modified to minimize face-to-face contact.
- TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS: Working to leverage technology to share skill progression w/ parents -- currently not offering end of class communication to comply with state and local social distancing requirements.
- SHOWERS AND CHANGING HUTS ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED: Showers and changing huts will be temporarily closed to abide by the recommendations of local and state authorities. Please prepare and bring an extra towel to dry your swimmer off after lessons.
- SWIM FORCE: We are postponing all Swim Force meets until further notice.
- PARTIES: We are currently offering birthday parties. Parties are limited to no more than 24 children.